Friday, August 15, 2008

Another Call to Prayer

This text is from a comment on the previous post... Cindy thought this would be well suited for a major post and I agree. Read the following text and then please turn your hearts to God on behalf of this family...

"...I have a prayer request to post and I thought this seemed to be an awfully powerful place to post it. We just received word this morning that one the local teenagers, John Thornton, (He would be a junior this year) was killed in a head on collision with a semi on his way to football practice. He is a good friend of Jessica's and the boys played football with him. It is hitting this little community pretty hard and I know having just been through your ordeal you understand. Please lift his family up in prayer and the town of Karval also (Just south of Hugo). They are a very closely knit community and we all just finished fair and spending the week together. I only wish he was as lucky as you guys were and my heart breaks for his parents and little sisters. Anyway, I knew this would be the right place to go to ask for prayers as we saw what miracles were worked with you and your families."
Love you all,
Tina Waite & family
Hugo, CO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Father, in the STRONG NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH, I pray for the Thornton Family. I pray for the Peace of Almighty God to cover them with His Grace and Mercy. Lord of all comfort please comfort them with the same comfort that you have given to others who have called on your name. You are the God of all comfort and we ask for your comfort for the entire family. I pray in Jesus Name that they will look to you for all their answers and that you will calm their grieving hearts. Show them how you wept and that it is O.K. to weep. Bless your Holy Name. In Jesus Name we pray