Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One year ago...

One year ago, a multitude of neighbors and friends waited anxiously to hear the status of 3 very brave young men. The road to recovery seemed unimaginable. The burns were too deep, the wounds too severe. There were too many things that were insurmountable....

Yet, incredibly a year later... we are all still in awe.

I still recall the tears and pain in the voices of the family member over the phone. I remember waiting... and waiting ... and praying... I remember wondering if life as we all knew it would every be the same. I wondered about Cindy, mother of two terribly broken sons, I wondered how she didn't go absolutely crazy with grief and fear . I consider the wives who courageously stood through by their husbands as they faced grueling medical procedures and discouraging prognosis's and faced uncertain futures... and I marvel.

...Nevertheless...

...Here we all are one year later and the only thing we can say is "Thank you GOD, Thank you GOD, thank you, GOD!" You are mighty to save! You have chosen to give us mercy and we are humbled by your kindness and love. You are the only one who is capable of authoring such an incredible tale of valor, suffering, and victory... to YOU be the Glory forever. Amen

No comments: