Thursday, May 29, 2008

THE WAITING IN THE "WILDERNESS"

CINDY: Cindy talked to Wes tonight and they are just tired. I am sure the crowd has thinned out and the days may feel a bit longer. Knowing that Tyler still has a long road ahead has to be somewhat daunting...

TYLER: They haven't located the infection yet but they are thinking it might be his leg. Two compound fractures and lots of plates, pins and bars would make his leg a logical hide-out for germs. They will probably have to re-open the leg to find out... (sigh)

(side note) We all know that there is an end to this "wandering in the wilderness". I believe that God has provided them with "manna" each day (phone calls, visits, encouragement and all sorts of provisions.) Maybe some of us figure they are tired of all the ruckus. well I am sure they are tired but not tired of love and support. I believe the support given by everyone is an extension of the Grace of God. They still need us praying, calling, and doing whatever it takes. They still need the people of our community, to "hold their arms up". Remember God promises not to give us more than we can bear. PRAY that God will send His people to help sustain them in this "desert" of waiting. God will lead them through this and continue to show them His faithfulness and someday soon, they will cross over and out of this difficult time in their lives... We just gotta hold on.

TREY: Trey is doing better. Cindy said he stayed at the house in Lubbock with Ronda. Its good that he was able to get away from the hospital for a while. Trey, I must say that the pictures we posted last night shocked us--we are so glad that you still look like Trey! Those photos put some of our wild imaginations at rest. You look great--you are still just as handsome as always...lot's of folks said so...

God is good.

10 comments:

Julie Zesch said...

Most of those pictures are from Sunday. I saw him Wednesday and he looks much better than the pictures.

Roy Zesch

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I am so sorry... it's so hard I know. We spent 6 months in the ICU's with our baby (3 months out of state) ... it's just tough!!

Sometimes I didn't know how we were doing it.... and sometimes I felt like I couldn't handle it anymore.... I felt completely worn down...

but... God pulled us through...

I am soo sorry you all are going thru this... it's just awful.

I am praying for you and think of your family all the time.

I know I don't even know you... but, and I haven't been thru this kind of thing...
but I understand the
ups and downs...the two steps forward one step back.
*shakes head & big sigh*

It's hard.

Sending hugs

Julie Zesch said...

One other thing I thought of about Trey. His teeth are all somewhat back in place. Trey said they feel like they are springs, so they are not totally connected. He will need some Orthodontic work in a few weeks. But his teeth are in his head, sort of in place, and connecting.

Roy Zesch

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your family and hope that all will be better soon.I work at Allsups in Munday and only know "The Boys" in passing in the wee morning hours when they will stop by for that morning coffee.They are always a nice morning pick me up buy the polite conduct and friendly disposition they possess.I have been missing them and will keep the coffee hot till they return.

Anonymous said...

Sitting with you, holding your hands, walking with you through the never ending halls, and holding you when no one is there with you. Been there..... Just know that many, many of us are constantly with you through prayer and communication with our Lord and Savior.....with Trey, Tyler, Rhonda, Tonya, Cindy, Larry, Todd, Kelley, Keith, and all those ministering, nursing "the boys". Much Love Always

Anonymous said...

My prayers continue to go out to you. Tyler i believe is going to make a remarkable recovery, because of the love he has for the lord and the love he has from the family and friends. Trey you are unbelievable, still look handsome, God bless you. God has blessed you and your family so much, i just thank him for you and tyler's full recovery. If yall need me to do anything please just let me know. Things are good here at home, and Trey ( just a little humor for you ) now when i play golf I think of you and i do hit the ball better, so thank you!! haha!! Love Yall, Melissa Castorena

Anonymous said...

God bless the Thompson family. God has you in His hands and will comfort and keep you. We are praying for your recovery and know that God listens to all prayers.

Rick and Rosie Ake

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we continue to lift you up in prayer. We are so thankful for all the blessing that you have received so far and we know that they will continue to come your way. Jay was so gald to see you all today. If there is anything that we can do, please just ask. Our love to you, Jay, Misty, Jaydon, and Chesney Fronterhouse

Anonymous said...

To all the Thompsons...you are so much in everyones thoughts and prayers. I don't know when we have seen a family so loved and cared for by so many...remember "God is Great"

Linda, Bob, Keri Moorhouse
Amy and Chad Lee

Anonymous said...

Dear Thompsons,
You all have been in our prayers morning and night.
We love you!
Conda, Tami(Belew), Kyler, and Ashlyn Richards