Monday, May 26, 2008

Let's join our hearts in fasting and prayer on TUESDAY

So many people have asked what they can do to help Trey and Tyler. We've all been praying but I was reminded this weekend of a powerful tool for petitioning God -- fasting. James 4:8 says "draw near to God and he'll draw near to you." In Nehemiah 1:4-11 we are encouraged to fast, intercede and pray for others. As Trey has re-entered the hospital and Tyler's fever has arisen to worrisome levels, I'd like to encourage everyone to join me in fasting and prayer tomorrow. Fasting is a way to express the earnestness and urgency of our prayers and really focus on our dependency on God for the healing of restoration of Trey and Tyler. Fasting can look many ways...fasting one meal, two meals, one day, water only, juice only, etc. I encourage you to pray about how you can personally fast and intercede for our friends. I truly believe God will hear the cries of his people.

10 comments:

WES said...

I'm with you.

PSALM 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me? and answer me, O Lord my God; light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”
lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.

But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because he shall deal bountifully with me.

Anonymous said...

i am with you too

Anonymous said...

'My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak'
2 Corinthians 12:9

Anonymous said...

You can count on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We continue to lift you up in prayer....For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal the of thy wounds, saith the Lord;....Jeremiah 30:17......Jimmy, Carlene, Trey and Kobe

Anonymous said...

Our continued prayers are with you. Jay, Misty, Jaydon, and Chesney Fronterhouse

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Wilma!

Anonymous said...

me too, Wilma!

Anonymous said...

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Psalms 91:11

Our God is Great!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is in our thoughts and prayers.

"For he shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee in thy ways." Hebrews 11:1

Peace be with you, as our love and prayers are.

Chrystal, Christopher, Courtney, and Gilbert

Anonymous said...

"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all the ways." Psalms 91:11

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not see." Hebrews 11:1

Love you guys- Chrystal