Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Night Update

I just got off the phone with Larry and this is the news:

Tyler: Last night, Tyler had surgery to attach a splint to his right leg. It was broken in two places, below the knee and above the ankle. Larry said that the bone was snapped completely in two. Today, he had another surgery to remove the dead and burned tissue from his body. They cleaned him up and put something called "pigskin" on his wounds. Larry said it is a protective covering and that they will do skin grafts later.

They are planning on another surgery on Tyler tomorrow. They will begin putting the bones in his leg back together with plates and screws. Please pray the Lord will guide the hands of the doctors...

Trey: At 10 am they operated on his arm. The surgery took 4 hours and they had to put screws and plates in to straighten his arm. The doctor said that if Trey can handle the pain, he can move the arm all he wants. They almost took Trey into surgery again at 5pm to work on his face. However, the doctors changed their minds and decided that everyone was way too tired and postponed Trey's next surgery until Wednesday morning.

Larry said that they are "doing better"...

The family is held together by a strong trust in our Lord Jesus and by the thousands of prayers they know are going up on behalf of these two young men. They are thankful for everyone who is taking care of things for them and they know that God is in control.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the prophecies that were spoken over these two just a few weeks ago!

In the Name of Jesus, you shall not die, but live, to declare the works of the Lord!

In Jesus' Name - bones HEAL! Skin GROW! Pain LEAVE! Infection GO! No weapon formed against you shall prosper as you rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him, I will set him on high, because he hath known My Name.

He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation." (Psa 91)

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law, Jean Reneau, called me to activate our prayer chain in Jacksboro for Trey and Tyler. We are praying for the doctors to see clearly the best plan of healing for Trey and Tyler.

Anonymous said...

May God guide the Drs. hands . will be praying for the Thompson
family.
D.white

Anonymous said...

Our family is continuing to pray for all three boys. I read the updates and will continue to pray. The pictures are so evident of His presence. God grant you rest and peace tonight.
William and Laura Franklin Powell, Marti, Dakota, Rylan, Jodi, Amanda and Michael.

Unknown said...

HELLO KACY BABYGIRL,
JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT MARTI IS THERE AT UMC WITH HER SON THAT HAS CANCER, DAKOTA. SHE WILL BE THERE ALL WEEK, LEAVING SATURDAY TO GET READY TO TAKE HIM TO COOK'S ON MONDAY.
IF YOU ARE ANYWHERE NEAR THERE, PLEASE GO BY AND SAY HEY TO HER AND MEET DAKOTA AND HIS DAD. SHE WOULD SURE LOVE TO SEE YOU I KNOW.
GIVE THE THOMPSON'S MY LOVE AND LET THEM KNOW I AM STILL THINKING OF THEM AND I WILL TRY TO GET UP THERE WITH GOD'S WILL.
TAKE CARE SWEETHEART AND KNOW THAT YOU ARE DOING AN AWESOME JOB KEEPING US ALL UP TO DATE.
GOD BLESS YOU BABY,
LESLIE FRANKLIN
MIDLAND, TX
IF YOU NEED ANYTHING.....MY CELL IS (432) 889-6779. I'M ONLY A COUPLE OF HOURS AWAY AND I WILL DO ANYTHING THAT I CAN TO HELP OUT.