Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday night update

Cindy called after the 9:00 P.M. visit with Tyler. She said his voice was stronger today...not normal (that was for Roy) but better. He did not pass the swallow test, even though Tyler said he swallowed everything she gave him and she is a "ding-bat". So that sounds like the old Tyler and he still has his wicked sense of humor. Someone told them it would be better to be safe about that because it could cause him to respirate into his lungs. They still don't have a date for the next skin graft.

Tonya's mother Beverly came last night and brought Trevor so they have all enjoyed having him there today to love on.

TREY: Trey saw the opthomologist today and they took some stitches from under his eye lid. He said that felt better. The eye lid on that right eye is not closing completely. He was tired today so they will spend the night in Lubbock. He will go back to see the eye dr. in a month.

DAKOTA: The blood clot was in the port in his chest not in his lung. Maybe they will give us an update on him soon. I believe with all of the prayers we should have a good report on him soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks, I pray your all asleep are resting, I have been getting a comment to you all afternoon, maybe you space is full. Just wanted you know I'm praying for God's healing hands to work on yourbodies all night while you are sleeping. I yhink its neat how all the small towns have come together during these difficult days. God bless you all & Dakota.

We love you each one of you & that includes Keith. Good Night

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that someone in an itty bitty town in northeast Tennessee is praying (and have been praying)....I check in several times a day and thanks for the updates.

Trusting Him and In His Strength, not ours,

Dee from Tennessee

Anonymous said...

tyler, we all know and pray that you are getting better and stronger each day, just keep in mind that the "ding-bat" has your best intrests in mind and remember Ding Bats need love too or where in the world would ding battlets come from? hang in there

Anonymous said...

this is for Dakota: (and anyone else who needs to know)
Ps.139:14-15 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. ALL THE DAYS ORDAINED FOR ME WERE WRITTEN IN YOUR BOOK BEFORE ONE OF THEM CAME TO BE."
Dakota, God knows your name and He promised to never leave you so trust in Him that He will carry you through this ordeal. I pray you will come to know God and His son Jesus in a way that you have not in the past. He loves you. God bless you and your family.
wilma

Anonymous said...

Morning all!

Hope and pray this day is full of a sense of peace with all.

Jeanne'

Anonymous said...

It's so very caring and gracious of you all to add Dakota to this little space now and again. I cannot tell you what that means to us. Today was the day Snyder played for the State Championship in Austin and Dakota wanted so badly to go, but knew it was "imossible". Well, nothing is impossible where our God is concerned. With tons of help from the hospital, the Doctors and three nurses, he got to go watch Snyder WIN the State Championship. God is good!!!!
After days and days of being "with" the Thompsons (in spirit and thought) everyday, but being unable to travel much after my bypass, I have come to know a higher joy and power than I've ever known, and the power that this little blog brings to me and others is just unbelievable. Larry, Cindy, please know I have your whole family in my prayers and thoughts all the time with my Dakota. They are now a part of my life and after things are back to normal, I'll have to make a trip home to see everyone no matter what my Doctor says!!!! I talked to Dakota after the game was over and asked him how it felt to be a State Champion..and with all the kids yelling and screaming around him, he just said Meemaw, it's great! OOOppss, tears, I must run..Love to all..Laura Franklin Powell

Anonymous said...

The above comment was left here by mistake. I moved it to today's comments where it should have been. I'm so sorry. Laura Franklin Powell